Page to Stage is a comprehensive arts education program where literature is brought to life in a meaningful way through in-depth study of narrative, dialogue, character, plot, circumstance, and social relevance. Each semester focuses on a different book and results in a staged performance of the story. Different than our other productions classes, weekly writing, reading and acting homework is assigned to extend the learning opportunity. For this reason, it is recommended for advanced WEST students including those who have participated in our summer conservatories or those with a demonstrated commitment to the craft of acting and who enjoy experimental and project-based learning.
THIS CLASS IS BY DIRECTOR’S INVITATION ONLY.
TITLES WILL BE SELECTED BY THE DIRECTOR AND CAST.
THIS IS A FULL OCT.-MAY COMMITMENT.
Fall PLay Selection: ALMOST MAINE
Welcome to Almost, Maine, a town that’s so far north, it’s almost not in the United States—it’s almost in Canada. And it almost doesn’t exist. Because its residents never got around to getting organized. So it’s just…Almost.
One cold, clear Friday night in the middle of winter, while the northern lights hover in the sky above, Almost’s residents find themselves falling in and out of love in the strangest ways. Knees are bruised. Hearts are broken. Love is lost, found, and confounded. And life for the people of Almost, Maine will never be the same.
ALMOST, MAINE: It’s love. But not quite.
- Grades: 6-9
- Time: 4:15-6:15pm plus some weekend rehearsals
- Class Dates: Tuesdays, October 25 – May 23; (no class Nov. 22, Dec. 27, Jan. 3, April 4)
- Weekend & Additionalrehearsals: ALMOST MAINE: Sunday, January 29 from 2pm-6pm and Sunday, February 5 from 12pm-6:30pm, Thursday, February 9 from 6:30-8:45 & Friday, February 10 from 6:30-8:45pm
- Late Winter/Spring play: April 30 from 12pm-6:30pm, Wednesday, May 17 from 3pm – 8pm, Thursday, May 18 from 6:30-8:45 & Friday, May 19 from 6:30-8:45pm
- Performances: Fall/Winter play: February 11 @ 2pm & 7pm and February 12 @ 2pm
- Late Winter/Spring play:
- Location: Broadway Playhouse
- Cost: $130 per month; payable monthly for 7 months (October – May)
- Instructors: Hunter Wallraff and Terri Steinmann