Stories On Stage introduces students to the sequence of a play/story, vocal and physical control, and story creation incorporating music and movement. Students explore the vocabulary and fundamentals of theatre and performance. Each student is encouraged to express themselves with inspiration from popular children’s stories and authors. The theatrical experience is enhanced by the creation of scenery, costumes, props, masks, and more.
Based on the classic children’s tale by Carlo Collodi.
When a magical blue fairy grants lonely toymaker Geppetto’s wish for a son, the wooden puppet Pinocchio is brought to life. A lively, curious and adventurous child, Pinocchio is determined to become “a real boy” – if he can stay out of trouble! With the help of his friend and conscience Jiminy Cricket, Pinocchio discovers the many wonders (and dangers) of the world – encountering a mischievous Cat and Fox, the boisterous Strombola, the mysterious Pleasure Island, and even a monstrous whale. Will Pinocchio prove himself brave, honest and unselfish to become a real boy at last?
- Grades: 1 – 3
- Class Dates: Mondays, December 5th – February 27th (no class Dec. 26, Jan. 2, Jan. 16th or Feb. 20th)
- Dress Rehearsal: Saturday, March 4th at 12:30 PM
- Class Performances: Saturday, March 4th at 3 PM and Sunday, March 5th at 11 AM
- Time: 3:30pm-5:00pm
- Location: Broadway Playhouse
- Instructor: Terri Steinmann
- Cost: $300; payable in a One Time payment, or 3 monthly payments of $105*
- *$5 convenience fee applies for all payments. Select which payment options works for you at the time of registration.