PlayLabs are artistic experiments working with original or adapted stories. Together we re-imagine literature. Students explore story lines, characters, dialogue, and character movements to foster a deeper understanding of each theatrical element and the role it plays in a performance. Students are allowed the freedom of artistic expression and play an active role in the creative process. PlayLabs are enhanced by sets, lights, costumes and all the theatre magic we can create.
THE THREE MUSKETEERS
It’s all for one and one for all in Alexandre Dumas’s The Three Musketeers. A young d’Artagnan leaves home to join the king’s guard, the Musketeers. Despite initial difficulties, d’Artagnan quickly makes friends with Athos, Porthos, and Aramis — three musketeers whose motto is “All for one, one for all.” Loyalty, intrigue, romance, expert swordsmanship, and the evil Milady mark their adventures. At the end of Alexandre Dumas’ swashbuckling novel, d’Artagnan’s dream of becoming a Musketeer comes true.
- Grades: 4-6
- Time: 4:15pm – 6pm
- Class Dates: Wednesdays, January 11 – March 22
- Dress Rehearsal: March 25 from 12:30-3:30pm
- Performance Date: Saturday, March 25 @ 4pm & Sunday, March 26 @ 10am
- Location: Broadway Playhouse
- Instructor: TBD
- Cost: $360 per session payable in full or in 4 monthly payments of $95*.
- *$5 per month processing fees apply for all monthly payments